My first Billygoat and a pretty disappointing affair. A number of really stupid things:
1. Somehow I thought the left route choice was the better one, but I did about 40 meters of extra climb for no reason. 20 minutes to just the first control. So unnecessarily tired and no group of people around me that can help with pace. I felt that I didn't ever really recover after this first mistake.
3. Fine to just north of circle, but took me some time to figure out that I needed to go further south.
5. Keeping up with the great decisions, and taking the north fork when the south one was clearly better.
6. I went right by the control, not seeing it and could not figure out why I did not see it. Kept going for a little while before turning around.
12. I skipped 11 like a lot of other people. 18 would have been better. For some reason, I was very slow to 12. I think it was mostly trying to make sense of my surroundings, when I should just have kept running.
16. Went to the cliff to the west of the right one and down a couple of contours.
Not happy with my performance. Shows that I still have a long way to go getting better at running, but the main lesson learned from this race is to be more conservative and careful with the route choices.