Register | Login
Attackpoint AR - performance and training tools for adventure athletes

Training Log Archive: Cristina

In the 7 days ending Dec 29, 2019:

activity # timemileskm+mload
  Running5 2:56:00 15.5(11:21) 24.95(7:03) 121299.0
  Total5 2:56:00 15.5(11:21) 24.95(7:03) 121299.0
  [1-5]5 2:55:45

«»
1:05
0:00
» now
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Sunday Dec 29, 2019 #

11 AM

Running (road) 1:05:41 intensity: (3:08 @1) + (1:00:51 @2) + (1:42 @3) 10.43 km (6:18 / km) +94m 6:02 / km
ahr:155 max:168 shoes: Jack (Mizuno Wave Rider)

Made it out! Felt a lot better today, and even several hours after running I’m pretty awake and alert. Went node hunting.

When I first imported my data to CityStrides I was surprised to see that I had 30% of Altamont already done. It turns out that Altamont is very small. I figured on this trip I would finish it off. Unfortunately, yesterday’s exhaustion meant I’d have to do all of it today if I wanted to get it done on this trip. Still, that seemed doable. One hour into the run, which was already longer than I had thought I’d be out, and I still had a chunk to go. Decided to call it a day with 70% done, leaving the final (easy) 30% for the next visit.

Saturday Dec 28, 2019 #

Note

In Altamont. Had planned to run but ended up spending the morning in bed wondering where my energy was.

Friday Dec 27, 2019 #

12 PM

Running (trail) 30:12 intensity: (7:44 @1) + (21:34 @2) + (54 @3) 4.23 km (7:09 / km) +24m 6:57 / km
ahr:149 max:174 shoes: Jack (Mizuno Wave Rider)

Back to mem forest with the fam, but I had a plan this time. I walked with everyone until the first trail junction, then hung back while they went right and headed left. My loop turned out to be perfectly timed to run into them just as they were finished with the lollipop head of their walk.

Tired, but what else is new.

Thursday Dec 26, 2019 #

Note

RIP Spike the cat, who passed just after midnight after a fabulous 17 year life.

Melissa and I adopted Spikey as a 3-day-old stray kitten. Her eyes were still closed, her ears folded down, and she wouldn't know how to poop or pee on her own for several weeks. We took her everywhere with us at first - to school, orienteering meets, walks around the neighborhood... It was our first "parenting" experience together and good practice for Lukas 13 years later. We'll all miss her, and I will especially miss how well she asserted herself around the dog.

Wednesday Dec 25, 2019 #

Note

Melissa and I are going to go see a movie tomorrow night for the first time in a while. Have no idea what’s out there. One of the last times we did this we saw Manchester-by-the-Sea and that was a terrible idea - good movie, really sad. I don’t want to get too deep into the reviews but I want to see something quality and not sad. What should we see?
3 PM

Running (trail) 37:13 intensity: (3 @0) + (27:03 @1) + (9:15 @2) + (52 @3) 3.52 km (10:34 / km) +2m 10:32 / km
ahr:138 max:174 shoes: Jack (Mizuno Wave Rider)

The plan was to run while the rest of the family walked but Lukas did not want me running ahead and decided that he would run with me. The first 25 minutes (!) of this workout consisted of spurts of enthusiastic running (usually holding hands) interrupted by walking recoveries. Eventually he decided he was done running and I got in some continuous activity.

After the running and a bunch more walking I was worried that he would be super tuckered out and need to be carried. But he had a serious competitive need to cross every bridge before mormor on the way back to the trailhead so he did a bunch more sprinting. All the while he was telling me that the practice running was going to help make him faster.

Tuesday Dec 24, 2019 #

2 PM

Running (road) 21:50 intensity: (8:42 @1) + (13:08 @2) 3.59 km (6:05 / km)
ahr:145 max:163 shoes: Jack (Mizuno Wave Rider)

It’s easier to gather up the energy to get out for a run if I tell myself it only has to be 20 minutes. This is ok. Hard to know whether it feels hard because of anything wrong with me or whether I’m just unused to running and losing fitness.

Monday Dec 23, 2019 #

4 PM

Running (road) 21:04 intensity: (12 @0) + (9:22 @1) + (11:30 @2) 3.18 km (6:38 / km)
ahr:145 max:162 shoes: Jack (Mizuno Wave Rider)

Caroline's here! We ran together towards her old stomping grounds and then I turned back so I could pick up Lukas on time. It's so warm that it was nice to be out. Didn't feel super zippy.

« Earlier | Later »