as a general preamble for the weekend, I'd like to claim the following excuses:
1. some 100+ hours of travel to get here.
2. 12 timezones of jetlag.
3. no running for the last three weeks.
4. giardia, trichinosis and/or an angry tapeworm.
5. muddy hillsides + no cleats.
6. no sleep for most of last week (see #1 and #2).
7. no eating for most of last week (see #4).
that will be all.
orienteering race 22:58  *** spiked:17/17c
GLOF sprint. or maybe "shorter" is a better name for it, as I was wasn't moving at much of a sprint pace.
orienteering race 54:36  *** 3.76 mi (14:31 / mi) +192m12:32 / mi spiked:19/19c
GLOF middle. started early so I could drive Alex back to the airport afterwards. got wicked lost on one of them, but that just meant extra swamp time, which was nice because we don't have those back home.
success! both of us summitted (Kaluxung, 6674m / 21896ft) and got back down safe. epic 19 hour summit day, weather was not so perfect, and snow conditions on the glacier sucked. but no crevasse falls, no injuries, just some sunburn, windburn, and wicked tiredness. back in Lhasa for a couple hours tonight, then a 24 hour train ride across tibet, plane to shanghai, then plane(s) to buffalo just in time for glof. nap time now.