Orienteering race (Middle) 57:16  ***** 1.94 mi (29:31 / mi) +75m 26:21 / mi
spiked:9/12c shoes: Inov-8 OROC 280
Screwed up big time, ended up in 4th place, 8 minutes out of 1st in M70.
1. Down the trail to the big boulder on the R. L into the woods, control was a little to the left.
2. S to trail. Left to trail running SW. Attack from junction to the left. Saw the rootstocks.
3. Straight on a bearing checking off boulders.
4. Straight on a bearing. I think I started the gps after this control.
5. First screw up. Went on rough compass figuring if I missed it I'd hit the trail. May have been fooled by the smaller trail that comes up first. QuickRoute would be interesting. Lost 2:49 here but it seemed like more.
6. SE to trail. L at jct to bend.
7. Straight on a bearing.
8. Biggest screw up. Got off to the right. Missed the first trail as a catching feature and ended up on the further trail thinking I was on the earlier one. Lost 10 minutes.
9. Went straight but stopped at the rock face before (where there was a control). Suspected I hadn't gone far enough so continued on. Lost 1:11.
10. NW to trail.NE on trail to jct. Pace counted and cut in a little early so as not to miss it.
11. W to trail. Attacked from 2nd bend. (Best leg result - 3rd on Brown.)