Training Log: Joe
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m||load|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 3:03:49|| 10.42||(17:38)|| 16.78||(10:57)|| 685||18c||26102.0|
| ||bike||1|| 1:33:51|| 20.35||(13.0/h)|| 32.75||(20.9/h)|| 73||12294.3|
| ||Total||2|| 4:37:40|| 30.77||(9:01)|| 49.53||(5:36)|| 758||18c||38396.3|
Orienteering long 3:03:49  *** 16.78 km (10:57 / km) +685m 9:06 / km
18c shoes: hoka SG1
definately not prepared to run this. haven't run in two weeks, maybe had one more than I should have last night and did not hydrate before.
saw PBricker in the parking lot. thought i might catch him. was feeling fine for the first 4, but then started to feel the heat. ran out of water in an hour. in hindsight I should have stopped at my car and refilled. saw the Riley clan in the lot preparing to go out on the course.
was taking the trail route to 5 when I came upon a black bear. he ran, I stopped, he stopped. we stared each other down and since he was not making any moves I elected to back on out from the way I came. took awhile to feel like running again. the rest of the course was slow, climbing, walking. without water for almost two hours. caught Phil. he looked like I felt. on the verge of cramping. it was a physical course. nice woods at times, but also times where I was sliding backwards down the hills. good fun though.
thanks Phil for putting out flags. much better feeling when you see one where you had hoped to find it.
bike 1:33:51  32.75 km (20.9 kph) +73m
- Jun 20 [3w, 4d]: Y - Canceled - Maine Summer Adventure Race I hope
- Aug 1 [9w, 4d]: Y - The Longest Day and a Half (2020)
- Aug 7 [10w, 3d]: Y - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2020 CANCELLED (moved to 2023) any chance of cancellation?
- Aug 29 [13w, 4d]: ? - Ellicottville Adventure Run & Hike possibly something to look forward to
- Sep 6 [14w, 5d]: Y - Billygoat 42, Pond Mountain Natural Area new date is good for me. goats and corn
- Sep 9 [15w, 1d]: ? - World Masters MTB Orienteering Championships doubt it
- Oct 17 [20w, 4d]: ? - Crooked Compass Adventure Trek
- Aug 6, 2021 [62w, 3d]: N - RESCHEDULED North American Orienteering Championship
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,568w, 3d]: ? - wmoc 2050 m-85?
all weeks |