So two problems:
Luka P-P had no start time line in the XML file. Must have not punched the start and so it added 1hr45 from his last outing to the no. 1 split. AP accepted the file after I added a start time line (same as the guy above), but it made no difference to the running time.
K Maksan had negative splits in the XML (on the other hand Winsplits had him at 22 secs for no. 1, compared to Owen R 2:05). So I made up bogus split times for him, increasing for every control. AP still wouldn't accept as the finish split was still negative (stored elswhere in the XML).
Fixed AP acceptance by adding a random number (14) to his "Time" and "Time Behind". This has the surprising effect that he doesn't appear in the AP results (his time is 45:19 in Eventor and 37:56 in Winsplits).