I have some preliminary conclusions:
• I was never that great at HR. I haven't gotten significantly worse, but 2008 was especially bad.
• z-man wasn't that good at HR before, but really kicked it up a notch circa 2008
• Winning times at HR, assuming a top field, should be in the low 7s. Pace is largely invariant over length, control density (style), climb, and season (although the X variables don't express enough variation to really test the latter factors, or any factors, really.)
• I have been in the 7s twice, and won on those occasions. They were longer courses.
• More data is required and this analysis is more art than science.
Data is here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArbGb0BTV-...