Register | Login
Attackpoint AR - performance and training tools for adventure athletes

Training Log Archive: Work4justice

In the 1 days ending Apr 3:

activity # timemileskm+m
  Orienteering1 21:00:00
  Mountain Bike1 3:00:00
  Total1 24:00:00

» now

Wednesday Apr 3 #

Mountain Bike 3:00:00 [3]

Orienteering 21:00:00 [3]

Stage 4: TREK
After quite of bit of time, we headed on the trek, and I had the map. Right away trails didn’t match, and found a squirrelly way into the creek canyon for the first 2 waterfalls. At that point, we went around to get to #34, and I got a little stubborn trying to get to 36, really wanted that trail, but dumped the idea and just went south to the big road and found the attack point from there. All the way to 39, it was very smooth sailing navigation wise.
It was a very hot and humid day. JD had started to struggle with some chafing, but worsened as we continued with the trek. It also didn’t help that he had thrown away his trekking shoes after the swim trek and didn’t have back shoes, so he had to trek in his MTB shoes and took off his shorts—which made the many barbed wire fence hops a little treacherous. As the sun started to set, we were to skip a series of CPs after 39. So we headed off to skip those. As we got closer to the road that we needed to turn to restart, there was conversation about just moving on to the bike. We stopped at a tienda (of course) and chatted about it. Sidebar---I found in many situations at night only men of the town would be out, so I had to be off to the side and not cause any attention. In this situation, I told them JD was my husband because they kept wanting to talk to me and buy me things. Oh boy.
So we continued to the TA. As we approached we heard the music “Born in the U.S.A.”…Lol…we all dies laughing. Then it followed with Mariachi music. There was pasta in the TA waiting for us, and everyone wanted to hear how our race was going. I think we sat for about an hour just sharing all that had happened and what we encountered. I was to learn later, that JD got a warning for public nudity from a referee!!!!
We decided to prep for the bike and then sleep a couple of hours. We headed off around 3a.

« Earlier | Later »